In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
The three Basic Principles of the IVF process are based on the individualized needs of the patient. These Basic Principles may be adjusted based on the doctor’s finding or diagnosis.
Ovarian Stimulation & Egg Retrieval
- A baseline ultrasound examination and specific blood test.
- Ovarian suppression and stimulation.
- Egg retrieval
Fertilization & Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Sperm retrieval
- Sperm joined with egg
- Sperm solution added to egg or by ICSI
Embryo Transfer & Luteal Phase Support
- Embryo transferred to the Uterus
- Excess viable embryos may be cryopreserved (frozen)
- Luteal Phase is initiated by placing the first progesterone suppository in the vagina prior to embryo transfer.